The Breath Takers

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Nocturne



A crowd of bloodthirsty ants are drawn by rotting flesh
I watch the lonely scenery with an expressionless face
Having lost you, love and hate becomes clear
Having lost you, is there anything left to care about
When the doves no longer represent peace
I've finally been reminded, that those feeding in the plaza are, in fact, vultures,
I use beautiful rhymes to describe a love that has been plundered empty


Black clouds begin to obstruct the sky, the color of the night is unclean
Echoes of that funeral in the park, are flying all through the sky
The white rose that I gave to you has withered in this environment of pure darkness
On branches, the silence of the crows creates a surreal atmosphere
Listening quietly, my black overcoat yearns to provide you warmth
A memory that grows colder with each passing day, a life that's gone,
Fog fills the air all around
I am in an open cemetery
I will still love you after I've aged

For you I play Chopin's Nocturne
To commemorate this deceased love of mine
Just like a wind in the night
So heartbreakingly beautiful
I gently stroke the keys
The longing that I gave was very tentative
You are buried in a place called the afterlife

For you I play Chopin's Nocturne
To commemorate this desceased love of mine
And for you I've become anonymous
Playing the piano under the moonlight
The feeling of your heartbeat
Is still so warm and clear
I remember the scarlet imprint of you lips


Those dragonflies who have lost their wings, are scattered in this forest
And yet my eyes do not show a shred of sympathy
Having lost you, my tears are murky and blurred
Having lost you, even my smile holds shadow
The wind on the moss-covered rooftop
Ridicules my sadness
Like a waterless well
I use an exquisite font-type
To depict that love which not even regret will bring back

No comments: